“Just ask, just listen.”
The Broward County community lost two survivors of the MSD shooting to suicide last week. In light of these tragedies, an Emergency Response meeting was held to discuss how to ensure our students, teachers and parents receive the education they need to prevent the next suicide.
Parents, please talk to your children, Students, talk to each other. “Just ask, just listen.” Every day ask the important questions below
1. Have you wished you were dead or wished you could go to sleep and not wake up?
2. Have you actually had any thoughts about killing yourself? If the loved one answers “yes” to question 2, ask questions 3, 4, 5 and 6. If the person answers “no” to question 2, go directly to question 6.
3. Have you thought about how you might do this?
4. Have you had any intention of acting on these thoughts of killing yourself, as opposed to you have the thoughts but you definitely would not act on them?
5. Have you started to work out or worked out the details of how to kill yourself? Do you intend to carry out this plan?
6. Always ask this question: In the past three months, have you done anything, started to do anything, or prepared to do anything to end your life?
Call for help if needed. In Broward County, dial 211 if you suspect any risk or Text “FL” to 741741.
Eagles’ Haven opened its doors today to offer services with Licensed Social Workers to anyone and everyone who wishes to come. Eagles’ Haven will be open M-F 9:00 am-7:00 pm and on the weekends from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm.
Eagles’ Haven Information
Additional Counseling Information
Our hearts are with our community as we mourn these tragedies. Have conversations, be there for each other and know that we are always here for anyone too.