SR. HUD Accounting Administrator
POSITION TITLE: SR. HUD Accounting Administrator (100% covered by the federal programs)
REPORTS TO: Controller
DATE: September 2019
The SR.HUD Accounting Administrator has the overall responsibility of overseeing the administrative and accounting tasks of the HUD funded Broward II, Broward IV, Broward VI and Samaritan programs and provides support to the Controller in the preparation and review of invoices to ensure 100% receipt of Broward County Invoices. This position may, from time to time, assist in training and ensuring compliance with HUD monitoring guidelines. The main focus of this position is to serve as a gatekeeper for all aspects of contract compliance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Prepare and finalize all monthly Federal invoices (B2, B4, B6 and Samaritan) for Broward County.
- Prepare and finalize all other monthly invoices (DCF/BBHC, United Way and Broward County Match).
- Review and track ongoing budgets for all grant programs (including private).
- Review leverage/match documentation monthly for invoices and annually for HUD contract renewals.
- Review and complete ESNAPs applications for all Federal Grant programs (B2, B4, B6 and Samaritan).
- Process and/or Manage monthly portal entries for DCF activity and billing.
- Allocate all A/P vendor invoices to appropriate funding sources.
- Process all Landlord Rent Payments and other ACH Payments as needed (Mortgage, Racetrack, Archways).
- Process payroll allocations for Controller.
- Assist Controller with Annual Budget and Audit as required.
- Process all rent and incoming checks in Yardi and deposit to bank.
- Attend all county meetings and trainings related to project applications, budgets and invoicing.
- Comply with all HIPAA regulations as related to the client/tenants housed under Federal Housing Programs.
- All other duties as assigned by the Controller.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Excellent organizational, documentation and analytical skills. Accuracy a must.
- Customer/tenant relation skills.
- Financial background in bookkeeping and/or accounting required.
- Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient knowledge of computer operations.
- Must be able to pass the pre-employment computer aptitude test with the following minimum scores: a. Microsoft Excel: 6 or greater
- b. Microsoft Word: 7 or greater
- c. Microsoft Outlook: 7 or greater
- Education Requirement: Minimum AA/ AAS Degree or equivalent professional experience plus 5 + years’ experience in non-profit management or supervisory role in management and/or operations.
- Flexible schedule with ability to work remotely for special projects if assigned by Controller. and/or ability to work part time with schedule changes as needed to accommodate business.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must successfully complete Level II background screening.
Please direct all online inquiries to HR@bhsftl.org