Position Title: Receptionist/AP Clerk
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt / Hourly
Reports To: Human Resources
The Receptionist/AP Clerk is Broward Housing Solutions’ (BHS) first point of contact. They monitor building surveillance, greet, assist, and provide direction and information to visiting residents and guests. They manage incoming calls, and call forwarding to BHS’s after-hours phone service. This position is an in-house position, responsible for opening at 8am and closing at 4:30pm, Monday – Friday.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ JOB DUTIES
- Greets residents, visitors, and guests; determines the purpose of each person’s visit and directs or escorts him or her to the appropriate contact.
- Answers, screens, and directs phone calls to staff; takes messages and schedules appointments as necessary.
- Receives mail, documents, packages, and courier deliveries and delivers or distributes items.
- Takes and processes supply orders for employees at the main office
- Stocks and keeps inventory of office supplies.
- Look for best offers and prices before ordering office supplies.
- Handles rental and vendor payments with accounting.
- Process the coding for receipts and invoices daily.
- Consolidates credit card statements with back up receipts and invoices.
- Retrieves monthly invoices from online provider’s websites such as FPL, AT&T, etc.
- Occasionally, has to drive and meet our BOD’s treasurer to get checks signed.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
- Maintain track of payments.
- Provide information to Accounting department with relevant items.
- Coordinates with Administrative Analyst for front continued desk coverage.
- Performs administrative and clerical support tasks.
- Monitors surveillance on all points of entry on the main building
- Collects daily news publications and mail – distributes to appropriate staff.
- Stock kitchen and copy machine area with supplies.
- Checks for incoming faxes and distributes to appropriate staff.
- Monitors all phone service messages and distributes to appropriate staff.
- Works with cleaning staff to ensure they have enough supplies.
- Makes sure that there is front desk coverage with back-up staff when away from reception or on break.
- Works with vendors to coordinate deliveries and repair services.
- Opens office in the morning and closes at 4:30pm (Monday-Friday).
- Performs other administrative duties as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must be reliable and punctual.
- Reliable transportation.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Basic understanding of administrative and clerical procedures and systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
PHYSICAL DEMAND CLASSIFICATION:
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Administrative certification or related accounting education/training a plus.
EQUIPMENT, MACHINES, TOOLS USED:
Desktop, laptop, computer software (Microsoft 365 (Outlook, Excel, Word, Access), printer, scanner, telephone system, copier, may use other equipment as required for the position.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee filling this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by leadership. Leadership has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this job description. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title of “Receptionist/Office Assistant” in the subject line.
Broward Housing Solutions complies with all federal and state laws, and regulations. Our policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. We participate in E-verify.