Property Management – Maintenance Coordinator (PMMC)
POSITION TITLE: Property Management – Maintenance Coordinator (PMMC)
REPORTS TO: Chief Programs Officer (CPO)
DATE: July 2020
SUMMARY – OBJECTIVE
The Property Management – Maintenance Coordinator (PMMC) will perform administrative and operational duties supporting the HUD/Federal, State and Broward County funded, 19-total owned and operated, subsidized multi-family apartment complexes consisting of 96-apartments or 154-bedrooms.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Included, but are not limited to:
Vendor Management – Review, documentation and follow-up.
- Maintain database for all Maintenance Vendors, ensuring that BHS® has accurate vendor contact information, including insurance, follow up vendor letters, and telephone calls.
- Coordinate with outside contractors for: Service, repairs, follow-up work orders, proposals, bids and invoice back-up.
- Analyze Vendor proposals and other property management data for recommendations.
- Manage Vendor Tracking Log, utilizing BHS’ format and assure vendor insurance is in place before Vendors are permitted to work on BHS’ properties.
- Use Preferred “Emergency” Vendor List in all trades for after-hour and emergency call needs.
- Verify all repairs are properly completed prior to submitting invoice for payment.
- Identify and maintain current active ‘priority’ vendor list for emergencies.
- Manage active vendor insurance tracking for expired certificates.
Property Management Maintenance and Reporting
- Create (open) and close work orders for Maintenance Technicians using priority codes.
- Maintain property management maintenance work-order database current at all times and in a timely basis.
- Create work orders for all code violations, and annual certifications, (i.e. back flow prevention, etc.); monitor for completion and/or closure.
- Update weekly Work Order Tracking Report.
- Respond immediately to emergency situations (fire, evacuation, equipment failure, etc.) and client concerns.
- Work in coordination with the Chief Programs Officer to ensure all work adheres to the established budget, and that all approvals are obtained prior to work per company’s work approval protocol.
- Document and comply with applicable codes, regulations, tests and inspections to assure compliance with all legislated safety, environmental, safe, and hazardous waste codes.
- Once tenant has vacated unit, lead the preparation for new tenant occupancy.
- Maintain company vehicle according to maintenance schedule. Complete vehicle maintenance log on a monthly basis.
- Assist in annual fire inspections and ensure extinguishers are in working order.
- Develop and maintain effective building maintenance procedures.
- Conduct all daily operations, all required maintenance, and all requested work by Clients following approved policies and procedures.
Scheduling and Coordinating • Third-Party Vendor and Contractor Repairs and Replacement – Interior and Exterior.
- BHS’ Maintenance Technicians’ Work Orders – Interior and Exterior.
- Time sheet Tracking- Maintenance Technician Work Order.
- BHS’ Housing Specialists and/or Case Managers.
- Schedule Pest Control and Landscaping services for all properties.
- Review monthly Inspection Calendar, (15-days prior to inspection period), collect Property. Inspection reports (within 24-hours of property inspection period); upload and maintain monthly reporting log.
Customer Service and Communication
- Maintain proper communication protocol to ensure Clients and BHS Management is properly and timely communicated of all work-related activities.
- Notify tenants of unit inspection failure and perform re-inspection as needed.
- Assist & coordinate in the delivery/posting of all notices to tenants. (monthly inspection notice, 10-day notice to pay rent, violations, etc.).
- Update Housing Specialists on unit readiness.
- Notify Housing Specialists regarding unusual issues regarding tenants for entry into call log.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Education Requirement: AA/AAS Degree or equivalent required.
- Property Management experience a plus (minimum of 3-years) with proven track record in performing analytical administrative and property management tasks (with a non-profit preferred).
- Disciplined approach to policies and procedures.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Must demonstrate outstanding customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, with high degree of accuracy.
- Must have effective and efficient documentation skills, both written and oral.
- Must be able to work independently, self-motivated in a fast-paced environment, working well under pressure and ability to multi-task.
- Must demonstrate sensitivity to our population’s socioeconomic characteristics and needs.
- Must be a team player and maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
- Proficient knowledge of computer software operations required; YARDI Property Management a plus.
- Must follow all HIPAA regulations.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office: Excel (6 or greater), PowerPoint, Word (7 or greater), Outlook (7 or greater) and Publisher.
- Able to work comfortably with our resident population and demonstrate an understanding of effective means of communication with them.
- Must pass Level 2 Background Check and drug screening.
- Must have, and maintain, a valid Florida driver’s license with a safe driving record and maintain proper insurance with a reliable source of daily transportation.
SALARY RANGE: $35 – $40K
Note: The duties above are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described above.
Please direct all online inquiries to HR@bhsftl.org