Broward Housing Solutions
(Exempt Hour Classification)
Position reports to: Chief Engineer
BASIC POSITION OBJECTIVES:
The Maintenance Technician position is responsible for the interior and exterior maintenance for all properties owned by Broward Housing Solutions. This position will work closely with appropriate staff in conducting necessary repairs/maintenance and coordinating contractors and vendors as needed.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Remain knowledgeable regarding all operational aspects of building systems: electrical including lighting systems and low voltage, mechanical including HVAC, fire detection & suppression, plumbing, control systems including BMS, transportation systems, door systems including dock doors, gates, levelers, and other systems as required.
- Remain knowledgeable, and be able to adhere to all processes and procedures applicable to the site inclusive of operating procedures, work order system, preventive maintenance, reactive maintenance, work order scripts, vendor escort & management procedures, emergency procedures, business continuation, environmental health & safety, inventory control, and others as required.
- Develop and maintain effective building specific maintenance procedures.
- Conduct all daily operations, all required maintenance, and all requested work by Clients following approved policies and procedures.
- Complete work orders for maintenance/repairs, coordinate for timely completion, and prioritizing work as appropriate.
- Coordinate with outside contractors for the service and repairs of equipment. Use Preferred Vendor List to engage appropriate contractor for work outside the scope of normal maintenance authorized by Broward Housing Solutions. Verify all repairs are properly completed prior to submitting invoice for payment.
- Recommend improvements for the preventive maintenance program.
- Schedule and document maintenance and repairs on building equipment (including database updates).
- Maintain spare stock parts supply and perform inventory control.
- Work in coordination with the Chief Engineer to ensure all work adheres to the established Engineering Budget, and that all approvals are obtained prior to work per company’s work approval protocol.
- Maintain proper communication protocol to ensure Clients and BHS’ Management is properly and timely communicated of all work-related activities.
- Document all tests and inspections to assure compliance with all legislated safety, environmental, and hazardous waste codes. Notify tenants of unit inspection failure and perform re-inspection as needed.
- Assist & coordinate in the delivery/posting of all notices to tenants (monthly inspection notice, 10-day notice to pay rent, violations, etc.).
- Comply with applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and company directives as related to operations and practice safe work habits.
- Respond immediately to emergency situations (fire, evacuation, equipment failure, etc.) and customer concerns.
- Once tenant has vacated unit, engage in the preparation for new tenant: clean, paint, repair damages as needed. Track time for work completed. Only Behr Ultra-Pure White 3750 interior semi-gloss enamel should be used for interiors (formula on file). Update Housing Administrator on unit readiness.
- Maintain company vehicle according to maintenance schedule. Complete vehicle maintenance log on a monthly basis.
- Notify Housing Specialist staff of any unusual issues regarding tenants for entry into call log.
- Assist in annual fire inspections and ensure extinguishers are in working order.
- Follow all HIPAA regulations.
- All other duties as assigned by Management.
- Must have thorough knowledge and expertise in all aspects of facilities’ operations, interior and exterior maintenance, electrical systems, mechanical systems, plumbing, fire detection & suppression, irrigation systems, etc.
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- A valid Electrical or HVAC Journeyman license (preferred).
- Must demonstrate outstanding customer/tenant service skills and be self- motivated.
- Must be capable of working with power tools.
- Must have, and maintain, a valid Florida driver’s license with a safe driving record, and maintain proper insurance.
- Ability to continuously stand or walk.
- Ability to bend, squat, climb stairs and lift frequently.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- May often work in temperatures above 90F degrees
- May occasionally walk on slippery or uneven surfaces
- May occasionally climb ladders.
- Some work will involve loud noise levels.
Under federal law, we are required to confirm your authorization to work in the United States. Accordingly, you will be required to provide valid proof of employment eligibility by your first day of employment.
Broward Housing Solutions® (BHS®), (the Agency), is a corporation created under the laws of the State of Florida. Accordingly, the laws of Florida shall govern all matters arising out of this offer of employment. This offer and continued employment is contingent upon, but not limited to, the successful completion of the following: Background investigation, to include, but not limited to criminal, licensing, certification and education; Drug testing; all related employment forms; ability to obtain and maintain all certifications, qualifications and licenses needed for the position; compliance with all agency protocols and/or procedures.
Please direct all online inquiries to HR@browardhousingsolutions.org