Human Resources Services Consultant
Agency: Broward Housing Solutions
Job Title: Human Resources Services Consultant
Work Arrangement: Part Time: 3 day/week in-house HR services
Reporting relationship: President, CEO
Director level HR consultant providing part-time, on-site HR services to non-profit agency in Fort Lauderdale.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Serve as a link between leadership and employees by handling questions, interpreting, and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related matters.
- Work with PEO to administer hourly timesheets, run payroll with applied employee paid time off (PTO).
- Advise leadership and staff on updated state and federal policy matters such as COVID-19, personal leave, etc.
- Oversee employee and staffing duties, handling disputes, employee separations, and administering disciplinary procedures with supervisors.
- Conduct new hire orientation and coordinate onboarding.
- Recruit for occasional staff vacancies to include sourcing, interviewing, assessing, scheduling panel interviews with select applicants and hiring managers.
- Work with leadership on all issues relative to labor and employee relations, mitigating potential risks to the agency.
- Work with PEO payroll and safety team in providing employees with information about policies, working conditions, wages, and employee benefits.
- Hold semi-monthly HR meeting with line staff, acting as liaison between leadership and employees.
- Conduct periodic employee pulse surveys to measure employee satisfaction and engagement. Present findings to leadership.
- Attend weekly leadership meetings to address critical and routine updates.
- Various projects related to HR practices and procedures.
- Accounting software – CoAdvantage Time Clock (Kronos) and Payroll System.
- Office suite software – Microsoft 365, PowerPoint, Access, Teams, SharePoint, Excel, Word
- Personnel and Human Resources – Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, labor relations and negotiation, and PEO management.
- Law and Government – Knowledge of current labor laws, government regulations, executive orders
- Psychology – Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation
Credentials – SHRM or relative HR certification a plus.
Please send resumes or referrals to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions or more information, please call (914) 224-5013.