Job Title: HR CONSULTANT
FLSA Status: Contract
Reporting relationship:Chief Executive Officer
Agency Description Broward Housing Solutions® is a 501(c)3 non-profit community housing development organization (CHDO) that provides quality, permanent and affordable housing opportunities to meet the needs of lower income or homeless people with disabilities who also have mental illness.
The HR Services Consultant is responsible for performing advanced, specialized, and administrative duties in a designated human resource program or area.
- This position works directly with the CEO and will be counterpart to the leadership team. Although there are no direct reports, the HR Services Consultant will be responsible for administering HR services and providing day to day HR advice and direction to all BHS employees.
- Provide temporary (3 days per week) In house HR services.
- Acts as an internal consultant by analyzing and recommending solutions to human resource issues relating to the assigned program or section area.
- Develops, revises, and implements HR policies and procedures.
- Ensures program or section area is in compliance with established policies and procedures and with any relevant federal, state, or local legislation.
- Assists with developing, coordinating and recommending changes for the improvement of workflow in the program or section area.
- Works with agency PEO to conducts periodic audits of human resource activities to ensure compliance with laws, policies, and procedures.
- Leads HR All Hand meeting with BHS staff – sets agenda to include topics that employees would like to relay to leadership.
- Sets agenda and meeting for All Employee Meeting, allowing leadership time for departmental updates. Address any HR concerns or new policy roll out, celebrate monthly birthdays.
- Maintain training log in shared file. Ensure that all required training is completed by all employees annually, stored in employee files and tracked for audit.
- Keep track of all submitted PTO requests, prepare payroll on a bi-weekly basis, submit to leadership for approval and process payroll batch through CoAdvantage’s Timeclock and payroll.
- Work with supervisors to make sure all hours are property inputted in Timeclock. Maintain employee files to include updated training, W4’s, new hire paperwork, I’9s, health folders, etc.
- Work with leadership on any amended or temporary policies and procedures.
- Work with leaders on any labor or employee issues, complaints, performance issues, and maintain documentation on all matters.
- Work with supervisors on any performance issues, create and maintain performance improvement plans, disciplinary conversations, including plans for separation.
- Create period pulse surveys to measure levels of engagement, survey levels of satisfaction, etc. Relay results to leadership and BHS team.
- Assist with performance management process to include advice on goal setting, track completed evaluations, process any changes with PEO payroll.
- Post any open positions, recruit, and screen candidates. Work with hiring manager to set up interviews (remote or face to face). Responsible for new hire onboarding and orientation. Work with IT to ensure proper space, equipment, software, application installation for new hire.
- Work with leadership and employees on any special events.
- Work with receptionist to maintain holiday and PTO calendar.
- Act as a liaison between employees and PEO on all matters relating to payroll, training, forms, paid time off balances, benefits, time keeping, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Adept with a variety of multimedia training platforms and methods.
- Ability to design and implement effective training and development.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Able to learn Coadvantage PEO timeclock and payroll system
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field.
- Three years of professional-level experience in human resources.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential a plus.
- Advanced knowledgeable and experience with employee labor relations
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
TO APPLY Send resume to: jane@churchillHRsolutions.com or call (914) 224-5013 for more information.