Facilities Maintenance Supervisor
POSITION TITLE: Facilities Maintenance Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Chief Operations Officer
DATE: January 2020
The Facilities Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for leading the interior and exterior maintenance for all properties owned by Broward Housing Solutions. The ideal individual would be able to manage and coordinate resolution to incoming maintenance tickets by either personally addressing the issue or working directly with third party contractors. This individual should be willing to actively participate in light property repairs. This position will also work closely with appropriate staff in conducting necessary repairs/maintenance and coordinating contractors and vendors as needed. Organizational and communication skills are a must to be successful in the position. We are a small organization looking for a motivated and self-driven individual who requires minimal supervision. Compensation will be dependent on experience. You will also be eligible for health, dental and supplemental insurance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
Repairs for all properties owned by BHS®. This position will supervise the maintenance staff and coordinate qualified contractors and vendors as needed.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Remain knowledgeable regarding all operational aspects of building systems: electrical including lighting systems and low voltage, mechanical including HVAC, fire detection & suppression, plumbing, control systems including BMS, transportation systems, door systems including dock doors, gates, levelers, and other systems as required.
- Remain knowledgeable and be able to adhere to all processes and procedures applicable to the site inclusive of operating procedures, work order system, preventive maintenance, reactive maintenance, work order scripts, vendor escort & management procedures, emergency procedures, business continuation, environmental health & safety, inventory control, and others as required.
- Develop and maintain effective building maintenance procedures.
- Conduct all daily operations, all required maintenance, and all requested work by Clients following approved policies and procedures
- Complete work orders for maintenance/repairs, coordinate for timely completion, and prioritizing work as appropriate.
- Coordinate with outside contractors for the service and repairs of equipment. Use Preferred Vendor List to engage appropriate contractor for work outside the scope of normal maintenance authorized by BHS®. Verify all repairs are properly completed prior to submitting invoice for payment.
- Recommend improvements for the preventive maintenance program.
- Schedule and document maintenance and repairs on building equipment (including database updates).
- Monitor and approve maintenance staff hours including over time.
- Maintain spare stock parts supply and perform inventory control.
- Work in coordination with the Chief Programs Officer to ensure all work adheres to the established Engineering Budget, and that all approvals are obtained prior to work per company’s work approval protocol.
- Maintain proper communication protocol to ensure Clients and BHS® Management is properly and timely communicated of all work-related activities.
- Document all tests and inspections to assure compliance with all legislated safety, environmental, and hazardous waste codes. Notify tenants of unit inspection failure and perform re-inspection as needed.
- Assist & coordinate in the delivery/posting of all notices to tenants. (monthly inspection notice, 10-day notice to pay rent, violations, etc.).
- Comply with applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and company directives as related to operations and practice safe work habits.
- Respond immediately to emergency situations (fire, evacuation, equipment failure, etc.) and customer concerns.
- Once tenant has vacated unit, lead the preparation for new tenant occupancy. Update Housing Specialists on unit readiness.
- Maintain company vehicle according to maintenance schedule. Complete vehicle maintenance log on a monthly basis.
- Notify Housing Specialist staff of any unusual issues regarding tenants for entry into call log.
- Assist in annual fire inspections and ensure extinguishers are in working order.
- Follow all HIPAA regulations.
- All other duties as assigned by Management.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Must have thorough knowledge and expertise in all aspects of facilities’ operations, interior and exterior maintenance, electrical systems, mechanical systems, plumbing, fire detection & suppression, irrigation systems, etc.
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- A valid Electrical or HVAC Journeyman license (preferred).
- Must demonstrate outstanding customer/tenant service skills and be self- motivated.
- Must be capable of working with power tools.
- Must have, and maintain, a valid Florida driver’s license with a safe driving record and maintain proper insurance.
- Must successfully complete Level II background screening.
Please direct all online inquiries to HR@bhsftl.org