|Position Title: Controller||Date Revised: October 2023|
|FLSA Status: Exempt / Salaried||Reports To: President/CEO|
The Controller provides comprehensive financial reporting for multiple real estate entities and programs. This position provides strategic direction and long-term planning to insure asset preservation, financial sustainability, overall company risk mitigation and capital planning initiatives. Due to the size of the accounting staff (3 people including Controller), this is a hybrid position with significant hands-on data entry (accounts payable, payroll) in addition to higher-level financial statement preparation and analysis. The position reports to the CEO who is responsible for final review and analysis of all work produced.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Enter all Invoices into Yardi once they have been coded and approved. Process checks for all invoices due within the period.
- Review and approve bi-weekly payroll prior to processing. Once processed enter information into an Excel spreadsheet for property/account distribution and record in Yardi.
- Reconcile all bank accounts monthly. Monitor cash at the various banks daily and make transfers as necessary. Record bank activity as needed for ACH and other transactions not recorded in the General Ledger.
- Review Monthly rental summary provided by Housing and compare to the information in Yardi. If/when in agreement, post the rental Income in Yardi.
- Close the general ledger monthly, ensure all significant Balance Sheet accounts are reconciled and all activity has been posted. Prepare financial statements.
- Prepare for the Annual Audit. Provide auditors with all requested information in a timely manner. Prepare supporting schedules for all Balance Sheet accounts, certain Income Statement accounts (Payroll, Interest Expense, Insurance, Legal and any others as requested).
Financial Analysis and Business Management:
- Responsible for all aspects of Property Management and Program reporting including analysis of all Federal, State and County contracts.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures.
- Quarterly internal review of all cost allocations to maximize match and in-kind services.
- Oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting; ensure that expenditures are consistently aligned with grant and program budgets throughout the grant/fund period; collate financial reporting materials for government, corporate, and foundation grants.
- Review all 3rd party outgoing invoices (DCF, Broward County & United Way) which are due on the 10th and 15th of the month.
- Monthly review of all funding requests and review of funding source variance reporting. Communicate regularly with other designated senior management staff as required.
- Initiate, advise and review the Annual Organizational Budget.
- Manage and track the performance of invested assets in keeping with policies and investment guidelines.
- Prepare monthly financials for submission to the CEO. Present monthly financials to the Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
- Track and record fixed assets and depreciation.
- Review and analysis of annual insurance policies.
- Review and analysis of loans payable vs. asset value; evaluate and recommend changes as needed.
- Adhere to agency policy, procedures, and the professional code of ethics.
- Comply with HIPPA regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by the CEO.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field from an accredited college or university required.
- Minimum of ten years of progressive accounting experience to include a minimum of 3 years of supervision and team management.
- Must have thorough knowledge of accounting practices and principles.
- Property Management and non-profit reporting experience are highly Desired.
- Yardi Breeze – Intermediate Level.
- Microsoft Office Suite – Intermediate Level.
TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to HR@browardhousingsolutions.org. No phone calls please.