Position Title: Case Manager
Date Revised: 1/11/2022
FLSA Status: Exempt / Salaried
Reports To: Chief Programs Officer
Broward Housing Solutions® is a 501(c)3 non-profit community housing development organization (CHDO) that provides quality, permanent and affordable housing opportunities to meet the needs of lower income or homeless people with disabilities who also have mental illness.
The Case Manager is responsible for assessing clients’ needs, developing, implementing and reviewing individualized service, care and treatment plans while collaborating with local community partners for development of life skills, sustaining success and wellness and to connect clients with resources in meeting/achieving stabilization, recovery and all other needs in an effort to become self-sufficient.
This position does not supervise any direct reports.
- BHS Case Managers work with residential clients on daily basis to improve their quality of life.
- Provide ongoing counseling on basic living skills to include; nutrition education, maintaining hygiene, maintaining an place to live, medication management as instructed by their physician, and making sure scheduled doctor appointments are met.
- Maintain accurate resident charts, inputting time sensitive data on daily basis. Keep all necessary data systems updated and current (FLEX, HMIS, etc.).
- Updates mental health forms annually, ensuring the client’s ongoing qualification for the program. Makes sure that the mental health forms are updated and signed off by a medical provider
- Manages gift card purchases for residents needing special provision.
- Assists with social security applications, retirement, EBT food stamps, etc.
- Maintaining accurate client files/notes and program activity
- Assures all client files are organized and accurate and ready for audits and monitoring at all times.
- Conducts at least monthly visits to all residents.
- Reviews rental agreements/leases with each resident, making sure that all contract terms are understood.
- Works with BHS finance team to coordinate rental payments.
- Coordinates any resident allowances should they request finance management through BHS.
- Work with residents to create realistic budgets, teaching them fundamentals on finance management.
- Purchases bus passes, gift cards, necessary supplies, and coordinates donations for items needed.
- Be available to address any crisis management need that arises that may put the resident in jeopardy of losing housing or their safety.
- Works with Housing Specialist to initiate rental agreements/leases.
- Makes sure residents are supplied with essential appliances and furniture and provides community resources when assistance is needed.
- Once a lease is signed, case management coordinates the client’s move into the apartment. This may entail mobilizing volunteers or arranging for BHS to fund a portion of the moving costs.
- Makes sure that clients follow BHS program rules and procedures, as well as all lease terms and conditions.
- Complies with HIPAA Privacy Rules and communicates pertinent clinical information, with necessary client consents.
- Knowledge with substance abuse, mental illness, pharmacology, psychiatric issues, homelessness
- Ability to communicate effectively and customize approach.
- Ability to manage multiple caseloads.
- Exhibits effective listening skills
- Understands and uses effective de-escalation techniques
- Accuracy in volume data entry and record keeping
- Microsoft 365 / Teams
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
Education and Experience
A Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field with at least two years of related experience. Years of experience, if appropriate, may substitute formal education. Expansive knowledge of community resources preferred. Must possess a valid Florida Driver’s License.
- Periods of sitting at a desk and working on a compute
- Ability to do field work and conduct client visitation.
$36,000-$40,000 annually based on education and experience
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to: email@example.com and include the job title of “Case Manager” in the subject line.
Broward Housing Solutions complies with all federal and state laws, and regulations. Our policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. We participate in E-verify.