Administrative Assistant – Accounting & Billing
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant – Accounting & Billing
REPORTS TO: HR & Business Development Manager
DATE: December 2018
The Administrative Assistant provides general office support for a variety of clerical activities and tasks including answering incoming calls, managing the reception area, mail, requisitioning supplies, organizing office communication and activities on a day-to-day basis. The Administrative Assistant also provides supporting the areas of accounting, billing and data analysis along with general administrative duties as assigned by the Controller, CEO and/or HR & Business Dev. Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Work closely with BHS® Senior Management team to insure high level of quality service delivery to our client residents.
- Answer and direct phone calls.
- Order office supplies.
- Maintain client contact lists.
- Provide general support to visitors.
- Receive, sort and forward all incoming mail to appropriate staff members.
- Good understanding of general bookkeeping and accounting functions such as: providing day-to-day record and assess basic accounting data; making payments (accounts payable), processing incoming payments (accounts receivables), assist with preparing monthly invoice/billing preparation to funding sources, time sheets for both owned and operated and federally-funded housing programs.
- Complete all non-profit outreach activities such as assisting callers in need of community services.
- Collect and summarize monthly attrition rates for owned and operated and federal programs to submit to CEO for monthly board of director (BOD) meetings.
- Provide back up and administrative support to Housing Staff and Federal Program functions as needed.
- Coordinate BHS®’ monthly courier delivery services for late rental notices and other client/resident notices to be delivered. (due the 8thof every month)
- Organize BHS® resident surveys for both owned & operated and federally-funded tenants.
- Complete, distribute, analysis and collection of annual Tenant Survey.
- Follow up with BHS® website and other social media inquiries.
- Organize site visits as requested for CEO.
- Structure all other administrative tasks as assigned by HR & Business Development Manager and/or CEO.
- Complete special projects (client, community, and employee newsletters)
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
Must be able to work independently, be self-motivated in a fast-paced environment, and work well under pressure.
- Well- developed verbal, listening and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Must be comfortable working with large spreadsheets and basic excel formulas.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient knowledge of computer applications. MS Office Excel is a must, Word, and Outlook.
- Basis bookkeeping and analytical skills helpful.
- Successfully complete Level 2 background screening.
- Must be able to pass the pre-employment computer aptitude test with the following minimum scores:
- Microsoft Excel: 6 or greater
- Microsoft Word: 7 or greater
- Microsoft Outlook: 7 or greater
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration and/or minimum 5 years of progressive experience and responsibility in a financial/bookkeeping/analytical/administrative role.
Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Please direct all online inquiries to HR@browardhousingsolutions.org